Tuesday 18 October 2011

Marathon

So I've been wanting to write a blog for a while - since I wrote once when travelling last year (http://bit.ly/ntbunO) - but haven't had a chance till now - move to London, new job etc.

This is basically a spouting of my thoughts (Christ...) and at the moment, my thoughts are consumed by a 50/50 split of excitement and fear about the London Marathon 2012...

As an employee of Fuller's brewery down in Chiswick, I've been given an incredible opportunity to run in the marathon due to London Pride's sponsorship. And I have found out this afternoon I have got a place! I'm really going to take this seriously, as I know people who have tried to get a place in next year's marathon, but haven't got through the ballot (seems the Olympic ticket process has taken a similar approach...).

So this evening I went for my first proper run in about 6 months. I did a few jogs in the past few weeks, but nothing as dedicated - run, stitch, stop, repeat - but this time I warmed up, did sprints in-between and even warmed down! Serious.

Going to a running shop this week after work to get my 'gait' analysed, where they check which shoes are best for you. Think this is the motivation I need to get myself fit. Oh that and  4hrs 19 minutes - my colleague at work's time in '08.

The goading has begun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment